Monday, April 15, 2013

It's gonna be a Showdown!!


It's a battle of the taste buds in our house at the moment. An epic war between the Australian icon 'Vegemite' and the American all-star 'Peanut Butter' has begun. A battle that will be remembered down through the ages…. Okay, that might be taking it a tad bit too far, but you get the idea.

peanut butter vegemite
The Contenders
In one corner you have little old me, supporting my Australian heritage and rounding out what is otherwise a very American palate that Little P has. In the other corner you have M, who can, without even trying, finish off a jar of peanut butter in a week and is holding the current ‘taste bud champion’ title.

Unfortunately, it appears that Little P is about as interested in either of these things as I am in watching paint dry - not a whole lot. M has tried (and so has her teacher) unsuccessfully to get her to just try peanut butter, but she's not having any of it. She flat out says ‘no’ anytime it’s even handed to her in the jar (that’s my girl).

As for Vegemite, well, I've had a little more success with her at least taking a bite (albeit a very teeny, tiny one) of toast with the black gold goodness on it. And she hasn't exactly said 'yucky' to Vegemite; she just wasn't as enthused about it as I am.

At this rate she’s likely to discover something that neither M nor I are fond of and that will be her sandwich topper of choice – it will probably be something equally nasty like Fluff (I get the shivers just thinking about it).

Regardless of whether she joins the ‘dark side’ (that would be M, and it’s probably likely as she does have an affinity for Darth Vader and they do reportedly have cookies…) or becomes a force for good with me, I have no doubt that Little P will be one very loyal and avid fan of whatever food she decides to favor (if her love of peas and chicken nuggets is anything to go off, I may just have to buy stock in whatever she chooses).

So, my beautiful people, which side are you on?

Till next time, be a ‘happy little vegemite’.


K

No comments:

Post a Comment