Saturday, July 21, 2012

Little red cookbook, little red cookbook....

Ah Eddie Izzard, how I heart thee. 


(Just in case you aren't familiar with Eddie's comedic repartee, in his show 'Dressed to Kill' he chants 'little red cookbook, little red cookbook'. It's part of a skit about 'cake or death'. I thought that maybe it was a reference to a movie or something, so I Googled it and found out that the "Little Red Cookbook" does actually exist and that it was published by The People's Republic of China and it contains famous quotations from speeches made by Chairman Mao Zedong. So, there you go. Little bit of random trivia for you. Now on with the show.) 


Ever since my post on FB about the little red notebook that I take practically everywhere with me, people have been commenting on it. You know, just the usual stuff, "Ooooo, there's the red notebook", "You writing about me now?", and occasionally "Oh, look out, she's got her red notebook!! Run for the hills!". A little over dramatic if I say so, but it's nice to know that people actually do pay attention to what I write.


My only problem now is, that I occasionally have people ask me why I haven't included them or their kids in my blog. For the most part I know they are joking, but there have been occasions when they have gotten a touch irate that I haven't written about them. And it baffles me somewhat. I mean, it's not like a) it's a huge thing or b) that it's getting the same amount of 'air time' as say '50 Shades of Grey', but for some people, it's almost offensive that I haven't written about them.


And I don't have the heart to tell these people that they really aren't that interesting (kidding), but I can only post so much at any one time. I usually have anywhere from three to five posts ready to upload, and if I was honest with myself, I could probably have a lot more ready, but I simply don't want to spend all day on the computer. And seriously, if I posted more than one or two a day, would you read them? Nah. Gotta keep you lot coming back for more.


But for now, you can rest assured, that if you see me madly scribbling in my little red notebook, there's a pretty good chance it's NOT about you (I said pretty good, but I'm not guaranteeing that).


So till next time, keep on chanting, and who knows, maybe I will write about you..... someday.


K


And just because I really can't leave well enough alone, here's 'Cake or Death'.





No comments:

Post a Comment