Tuesday, June 19, 2012

And away we go....

Okay, so it was a somewhat successful start to my blogging 'career' yesterday - a big thank you to all my wonderful friends for taking a look and giving me their feedback. I have duly noted all your comments and am currently reviewing which ones I am going to use and which I am going to politely delete (kidding, they were all really helpful). Who knew I had so many friends who also write blogs?


It appears that for my second blog, I should let you in a little bit on who I am. Makes sense. Why would you read something posted by someone who could for all intensive purposes, be something of a sociopath and secretly trying to recruit you into their cult? Not saying that's what I am doing, although if anyone has plans on taking over the world, I'm down.


So, coffee in hand, heart in my throat and fingers at the ready, here we go.


I'm a 30-something (almost 40-something) Australian, who has been living in the US since November, 2001. Prior to moving to Las Vegas, I had the wonderful opportunity to live in New York City for five awesome years (can you tell I miss Manhattan?). I am married to an incredibly generous, supportive and down right funny man, who will be know as 'M' (I know, very 'James Bond' isn't it?) and we have been blessed with a beautiful little girl, who from here on out will be referred to as 'Little P'.


My family all still reside in Australia, M's family are in upstate New York, so the friends we have made here in Vegas have really become our 'family', and for that we are truly thankful.


I'm not what you would call a 'crafty' momma; I don't sew, bake or make pretty things for other people - I am supportive of my talented friends who do, and totally appreciate their patience when I do try my hand at making things myself and bug them into showing me how. And as soon as I get a handle on this whole blogging thing, I will show you just how talented these women are. 


They say your whole life changes when you have a child, and I know for me, that's truer than true. Partly because I came to the whole 'motherhood' thing late in the game and partly because I really had spent my entire adult life up till that moment when they put that little person in my arms for the first time, just 'living in the now'.


So, that's pretty much me in the old nutshell. If I haven't completely bored you to tears, I would love to have you join me on this little journey as I muddle my way through 'parenthood'.


Till next we meet,


K


Mommy-ism #60: making it up as you go along. For a lot of us first time parents (and I'm guessing even some of those who are onto child #2 or 3 or 4...) a good portion of the time we are really just 'winging it'. Sure we have family and friends (the occasional support group) who can help, there are plenty of books written about parenting and of course the world wide web is right at our fingertips, but at the end of the day, I'm betting that you, like me, are really just taking it a step at a time, feeling it out as it were, and hoping and praying that you don't screw up your child/ren too much. 


Besides, a little dysfunction is what makes people interesting, right?


3 comments:

  1. Have always loved your words of wisdom, apart from keeping up with your going ons it also makes me feel like you still live nearby. But it also makes me miss seeing you regularly. Keep up the great work. Hugs and kisses to you, M and Little P xoxo Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly- I love reading your Mommy-ism's everyday. Look forward to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. Appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete