Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A little Washi Tape love

So, my love obsession with Washi Tape just seems to keep on growing. 

So far, I've washi'd a ruler, my eye glasses case, notebooks (and more notebooks), picture frames of all sizes, jars, candles and vases.


The ways to use it are pretty much limitless - I have plans for the arms on sunglasses, covering an old beaten up clutch, watch bands and even my clock at work. I'm telling you, this stuff is friggin' awesome.


washi tape crafts
My little red notebook got a makeover; painted jars got washi'd;
Candles love the washi and picture frames - need I say more?

I've even created a board on Pinterest just with ideas for it - and big thanks to Amy Anderson for not only creating a website dedicated purely to Washi Tape, but for introducing me to fellow Washi addicts.

If you have even a little bit of crafting love in you, give it a go - it's seriously easy to use, and if you make a mistake you can just peel it off and replace it. You will need to set it just to secure it in place (Mod Podge works great for this, but pretty much any form of sealant will work), but other than that, it's a piece of cake.

The ways to utilize it are purely limited by your imagination (and the ability to find things that you haven't already covered in Washi Tape).

Now, I wonder if I can washi the rims on my car?

Till next time - may the WASHI be with you.

K


6 comments:

  1. I really want to try making some crafts with Washi tape. But it seems so expensive! Where do you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of different places - Michaels (use their coupons), Target (watch for the sales) and Pick Your Plum (it's an online auction site of sorts - they do super cheap deals on things for crafting - that's where the majority of mine comes from).

      Delete
  2. I can't believe I STILL haven't tried Washi, and this is the second time I've seen you do awesome stuff with it! I need to get going on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait till next week - I'm going to try my favorite Washi crafts that I haven't been game to try yet.

      Delete