Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Say it isn't so....

I apologize for what I am about to say, especially to you, dear brother, as I know you are probably going to 'throw up a little in your mouth' over this.

I bought a sweater set the other day. I confess. I did. And I actually like it. I don't look like this:


But, well, you know, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. I also bought cardigans. Yup. And a couple of button down shirts. Channeling an 80's prepster? Maybe. Or maybe it's just time for a change. Who knows?

I've come to the realization recently, that I'm going through another 'discovery' phase of my life. Yes, I know it's something that you are supposed to do in your twenties (you know, 'find yourself' and all that blarney), but if you want to know the truth, I think I've found, lost and re-found myself at least a dozen times since I started puberty, and I honestly don't think I'm any where close to being done. Too many things change in life to stay the same.

You meet new people, get a different job, move to a different city (or a different country), fall in love, fall out of love, fall in love again, get married (and sometimes divorced, occasionally multiple times), have kids, kids grow up, move again..... it's endless. So, I ask you, why would anyone want to wear the same style of clothes?

Sure, some things are timeless (read: expensive) and there are classic things that will never go out of style (the classic beige trench coat, a great pair of jeans, the basic black 'go with everything' heels), but you change, heck, you body changes (especially after having a kid) and your life style changes, so why wouldn't your wardrobe.

So, for now, I'm going to embrace my 'prepster' style and enjoy it. Sorry little brother.

Till next time, go get down with your bad self, and rock whatever style you got going on. I promise to love you no matter what.

K


No comments:

Post a Comment