Thursday, September 6, 2012

'Nailed It' - Fall Blocks

I'm really looking forward to the cooler weather - and I mean REALLY. It's time for sweaters and boots, for frosty mornings and sitting by the fire. Being able to have a hot drink and not break out in a sweat while doing so... you get the picture.

I am so ready for it to be Fall, that I've been working on decor for the house that's all 'fall-esque'. This week I worked on my fall blocks. So, looking for a little inspiration, I went to my 'go-to' for all things crafty, Pinterest. But this time round, I couldn't find quite what I was looking for. Determined not to give up, I went to my backup plan, Google, and there I found these:

(Credit - Matthews Fine Art)

And these:

(Credit - Crazy Craft Bugs)

Which I really liked but thought there was just a little too much going on for me. So taking these as inspiration, I made these:



And can I just tell you how much I just love these? They turned out so well, I'm thinking I will make another set for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas. And they were super easy to make. Scrap book paper, Mod Podge, brown paint, some pre-cut blocks and a few scrap book embellishments and voila! Fall blocks!!

So, what says you, oh wonderful readers. Did I 'nail them' or what?

K

No comments:

Post a Comment